Step 1. 找出下列句子的主语和谓语
1) Studying English takes times.
2) The first step is always the hardest.
3) Chatting on the Internet brings me a lot of fun.
4) A friend in need is a friend indeed.
5) A poor man is not necessarily unhappy.
Step 2. 确定句子结构
1) Time flies by. (思考by的词性)
2) It slipped my mind.(感受动词时态)
3) I can’t stand the heat. (理解stand的意思)
4) Fools seldom differ. (确定seldom修饰哪个词)
5) I sent you an e-mail. (双宾还是宾补)
Step 3. 翻译句子
1) They found the dead boy.
2) They found the boy dead.
3) I found the book easily.
4) I found the book easy.
5) Tom found Jim an apartment.
Step 4. 判断语法现象
1) The education of our young people is one of the most important aspects of any community, and ideas about what and how to teach reflect the accepted attitudes and unspoken beliefs of society.
2) They are the San, a tribe of traditional hunter-gatherers, who used to travel in search of food for their families instead of growing it or keeping animals.
3) This means that instead of using artificial chemicals to make food tasty, food manufacturers could use help the quantity of the real substance and a tiny quantity of taste enhancer to make the food taste good.
4) Ask any young person to tell you the names of some famous movies and the chances are that many of those mentioned will be popular because of computer-generated special effects.
5) Visitors can view the albatross colony from a special building which has been established beside the nesting ground and, while the site is closed during breeding season, at other times it is often possible to see parents and their chicks living and feeding only metres away from human observers.
Step 5. 终极目标预检
1) Although we now tend to refer to the various crafts according to the materials used to construct them-clay, glass, wood, fiber, and metal-it was once common to think of crafts in terms of function, which led to their being known as the "applied arts."
2) According to archaeological evidence, at least 5,000 years ago, and long before the advent of the Roman Empire, the Babylonians began to measure time, introducing calendars to co-ordinate communal activities to plan the shipment of goods and, in particular, to regulate planting and harvesting.
3) The applied arts are thus bound by the laws of physics, which pertain to both the materials used in their making and the substances and things to be contained, supported, and sheltered.
4) They based their calendars on three natural cycles: the solar day, marked by the successive periods of light and darkness as the earth rotates on its axis; the lunar month, following the phases of the moon as it orbits the earth; and the solar year, defined by the changing seasons that accompany our planet’s revolution around the sun.
5) That this device was a necessary structural compromise is clear from the fact that the cannonball quickly disappeared when sculptors learned how to strengthen the internal structure of a statue with iron braces (iron being much stronger than bronze).
Step 6. 句子翻译
1. The American economic system is, organized around a basically private-enterprise, market- oriented economy in which consumers largely determine what shall be produced by spending their money in the marketplace for those goods and services that they want most.
2. Thus, in the American economic system it is the demand of individual consumers, coupled with the desire of businessmen to maximize profits and the desire of individuals to maximize their incomes, that together determine what shall be produced and how resources are used to produce it.
3. If, on the other hand, producing more of a commodity results in reducing its cost, this will tend to increase the supply offered by seller-producers, which in turn will lower the price and permit more consumers to buy the product.
4. In the American economy, the concept of private property embraces not only the ownership of productive resources but also certain rights, including the right to determine the price of a product or to make a free contract with another private individual.
5. At the same time these computers record which hours are busiest and which employers are the most efficient, allowing personnel and staffing assignments to be made accordingly. And they also identify preferred customers for promotional campaigns.